Menu

Cleaning Up After A Disaster


About Me

Cleaning Up After A Disaster

A few years ago, I came home to a complete disaster. I stepped inside my front door, and I instantly knew that something was wrong. My entire house smelled like mold, and as I made my way down the basement stairs, I knew why. I realized that my water heater had flooded while I was on a business trip, and my entire house was flooded. I was devastated, but I called the right person for help --my dad told me to contact a team of damage contractors, who came to resolve the situation. When they arrived, I was amazed to see how quickly they snapped into action. Read more of my page to learn how you might be able to recover from unfortunate situations.

Archive

Latest Posts

Signs Of Mold Growth Inside A Home
17 July 2018

The last thing that any homeowner wants is to lear

What Does Winterizing A Home Entail?
8 March 2018

If you are planning on vacating your home for a ye

3 Easy To Miss Signs Of Water Damage In Your RV
9 December 2016

If you own an RV and are not able to spend as much

Three Ways To Reduce Smoke Damage After A Fire
8 June 2016

In 2014, a home structure fire was reported every

How to Restore Your Disaster-Struck Home (And Make It Stronger for the Next Storm)
21 August 2015

After the mess and panic of a natural disaster sub

Tags

Signs Of Mold Growth Inside A Home

The last thing that any homeowner wants is to learn that there is mold growing inside their home. But, living with mold can cause health problems and can also cause a lot of damage to a home, so it is important to have it properly removed as soon as possible if mold is present. One of the keys to having mold professionally removed promptly is knowing whether or not you have mold growth in your home. Some of the signs that you may have mold are discussed below.

Allergic Reactions

Mold is a known allergen that bothers many people. A lot of people are not exposed to mold for an extended period of time, so they may not even realize that they have a mold allergy or are sensitive to mold spores.

Pay attention to how you and your family members are feeling. If one or more people in your family begin experiencing prolonged allergy symptoms while spending time inside the house, such as sneezing, watery, itchy eyes, coughing, or hay fever, it is a good idea to have your home checked for mold growth.

Lung Issues

It is not uncommon for people living in a house with mold growth to experience a range of lung problems. These problems may include difficulty breathing and wheezing.

If a person has asthma, the presence of mold can make asthma symptoms worse and bring on asthma attacks. Lung issues and asthma complications can be very serious, so if you or a family member are experiencing these issues without any type of explanation, mold may be causing the problem.

Water Leak

Leaking pipes in a home are not uncommon, and in some cases, a leak may not be caught right away. When this happens, all of the moisture from the leak creates a perfect environment for mold to grow and thrive.

Any time you have a water leak in your home, make sure that you hire a mold restoration company to do a thorough check of the area surrounding the leak to determine if any mold is growing.

Damp, Musty Smell

In some cases, you may smell mold before you can even see it. Mold gives off a very distinct odor, which many people describe as damp or musty. Some homes in areas of high humidity often smell damp due to the amount of moisture in the air, but if you suddenly notice a damp, musty smell in an area of your home that is not normal, contact a mold restoration service such as Disaster Professionals to discuss your options for removing it.